Introductory Logic Complete Program with DVD Course:
The Fundamentals of Thinking Well
Studying formal logic can be intimidating without the right help, but knowing how to think logically isn't just for "experts." Logic should be your secret weapon. It's the tool for learning how to use other tools. It's the bones that give a a clenched fist its structure (and knuckles). With that in mind, we have painstakingly designed theIntroductory Logic program for everyday students, teachers, and parents who've never tackled syllogisms or fallacies before, but who know just how important learning logic is.
Whether your students are learning in a brick-and-mortar school or a homeschool or online, you teachers and parents know how important logic is -- but that doesn't make the technical aspects of the subject any easier (in fact the fundamental nature of the subject makes it even more intimidating!). We've painstakingly designed Introductory Logic with that tension in mind: you'll get the benefit of James B. Nance's twenty years of teaching experience, making ingraining the fundamentals of logic in your students as painless (and rewarding!) as possible.
Anybody can learn from Introductory Logic. The whole series takes advantage of a brand new, clean, easy-to-read layout, lots of margin notes for key points and further study, a step-by-step modern method, and exercises for every lesson (plus review questions and exercises for every unit).
More importantly, anybody can teach Introductory Logic. Here are the features that make the Teacher Edition for Introductory Logic the obvious choice for educators new to logic, no matter where they teach:
More teaching resources for Introductory Logic:
- A daily lesson schedule for completing Introductory Logic in a semester or a year-long course.
- Answers to all exercises, review questions, review exercises, quizzes, and tests in the order they are taught.
- Contains the entire Student Edition text -- with the same page numbers as the Student Edition! No more flipping back and forth between answer keys and textbook.
- Detailed daily lesson plans for the entire textbook explain each lesson's
- daily Student Objectives,
- Special Notes,
- step-by-step Teaching Instructions with bolded terms, advice, and more examples,
- Assignments for each lesson,
- Optional Exercises for further exploration and integration.
1. The Introductory Logic Test & Quiz Packet contains a blank copy of every quiz or test that one student would need for the entire Introductory Logic course (you can cross "make copies" off your to-do list, permanently!). It even contains an alternative version of each test for practice -- the best thing for unit review! Answers to all quizzes and tests are in the Teacher Edition.
2. The all-new Introductory Logic DVD Course is the equivalent of having veteran teacher James B. Nance in your classroom or home, bringing his 20+ years of experience into your classroom or home by working through every lesson and every practice test! Watch the DVD Course as you prep for each lesson or show it to your kids when you need to introduce the new material. 9.5+ hours.
In Introductory Logic, you'll get the benefit of our twenty years of teaching experience as you learn the fundamentals you need to think well wherever you are, including:
- How to properly define terms for maximum precision and accuracy -- and thus win the debate,
- How to form and interpret statements, the building blocks of logical thought,
- How to compose valid syllogisms, and -- just as importantly -- expose the invalid fakes using counterexamples,
- How to analyze arguments in normal English,
- How to identify and deflect informal fallacies (one of the most instantly applicable parts of logic),
- And much more!
The Introductory Logic Complete Program contains:
If you don't need to take advantage of the DVD Course, you can get the Intro Logic Complete Program without it: