Don't be fooled, this affordably priced microscope is not a toy! It magnifies objects to 100 times their size and has fantastic optics for a portable scope. This is not the 30X version that you may have seen elsewhere. It also includes a stand and six acrylic slides. We will use this instrument throughout the Biology II course for a great introduction to the microscopic world.
NOTE: Even if you already own a full-size microscope, you'll want this one for nature walks, field trips, and other places where it is simply not practical to carry a large microscope.The bulb concentrates light directly on the object you want to view, providing clarity you cannot achieve with many low-cost microscopes.
Powered by two "AA" batteries (not included). Also includes a slide-out 8X magnifier lens for initial sample inspection.
ILLUMAX 100X Features:
- Plastic Base - lets you use the microscope to view objects mounted on slides.
- Acrylic Slides - supplied with six blank slides to prepare for viewing selected objects.
- 8X Magnifier - slide-out lens magnifies objects to eight times their actual size.
- Storage Case - protects your microscope with a durable snap-closure vinyl case.
- The pocket microscope's slide-out lens magnifies an object to eight times its original size. Use this magnifier when you want to view an object requiring a small amount of magnification and no extra illumination.
- The microscope magnifies objects to 100 times their actual size.
- A power switch turns on the the microscope's bulb and concentrates light directly on the object for easier viewing.
- A focus adjustment wheel rotates to achieve a sharp view.
- You can use the microscope with the supplied base to view microscopic objects mounted on slides.
- Six blank acrylic slides are included with purchase and conventional 1"x3" glass slides are sold separately.